Stay Connected

936 Market Street •  Fort Mill SC 29708  (803) 396-0493

Alexa Slezak: Stronger Than Ever

Screen Shot 2018-01-20 at 7.26.21 PM_copy

Alexa Slezak is one of our amazing, dedicated students. We asked her for some insight into her yoga journey. Read on to be inspired by this beautiful warrior!

1. How long have you been practicing yoga?  Since September 2015

2. Where are you from? I've lived in Charlotte for almost 7 years, but grew up in Tennessee.

3. Can you tell us how you found Om? I signed up for an inversion workshop with Jaimis (the inversion queen!) in February 2017, and became an Om regular that same week. Likely the best decision I made in 2017.

4. What is your favorite thing about practicing yoga? Yoga has taught me that both in yoga and in life, there's always something new to strive for and achieve, and that even if it seems far out of reach to start, eventually I will get there. I remember taking my first yoga class - I couldn't wrap my head around ever being able to do an arm balance or inversion. Now those are my favorite poses and completely accessible to me!

5. What is your favorite thing about Om? From my very first class at Om, everyone has been so welcoming and open, teachers and fellow yogis alike. I felt like a "regular" right away and love how Om really is like its own little community.

6. Tell us about your favorite yoga pose. Crow pose was the very first arm balance I was able to do, about six months after I started practicing yoga. To this day, it remains my favorite pose. I love arm balances and the way that, to me, they symbolize so much about fully supporting and having trust in yourself. Seeing my progression in crow and my advancing ability to do many variations of it reminds me of my own strength and determination!

7. How has your yoga practice at Om impacted your life? I love practicing yoga at Om alongside fellow yogis who are so strong and dedicated. I prefer studio classes over a home/solo yoga practice and I love how supportive everyone is of each other in classes. It feels like we push each other in a really motivating and healthy way.

8. What does the “yoga lifestyle” mean to you? To me, yoga translates to life in the form of acceptance -- accepting where you are at any given moment. Be it stuck in the "modified" version of a pose or stuck in some aspect of life that doesn't fulfill me, but knowing that it's not permanent. Nothing good or bad remains forever, and we need both in order to appreciate the other. A "bad" class doesn't make an overall practice, a bad day doesn't make a bad week, a bad month doesn't make a bad year, and so on.

9. When you walk out of a yoga class, what do you take with you? Strength and confidence in my own abilities. I practice yoga as more than just a workout, but I'm now physically stronger than I've ever been, and yoga is the only form of "exercise" that I do. Seeing what my body is capable of is incredibly empowering.

10. What do you do outside of yoga? I work full-time in marketing but am back in grad school studying to become a registered dietitian -- I love being a student and am passionate about my studies and nutrition science. I also enjoy cooking, reading non-science books any chance I get, and relaxing with my lazy pup, Holly.

Comments

Security Check
Please enter the text below
CaptchaImage
Can't read text above? Try another text.
Jaces1993
Fri, December 14, 2018 9:23 am
Jaces1993
Direction zone has something fascinating and major perspectives which are advantageous for the enhancement of calling and movement so to get the ideal outcomes this do my assignment australia cheap site obliging for that understudy who is looking enlightening data.
selfie
Wed, November 21, 2018 5:39 am
selfie
CSGO is a game where two teams play against each other. You can either play online with players from around the world or play offline with bots. Another option is to play with a LAN network, where a network of computers is physically connected together and you can gather friends to play together in the same place.
CSGO Smurf
pubg accounts for sale
selfie
Fri, September 14, 2018 7:10 am
selfie
Provides multiple learning environment of International standard with holistic system of education at an affordable cost for the successful life of young generation.
Best Paramedical College North india
Best agriculture college in dehradun
Hotel Management college in Dehradun
selfie
Tue, August 28, 2018 6:24 am
selfie
Nice blog, the article you have shared is good.This article is very useful. My friend suggest me to use this blog.
Rashpal singh dhaliwal
Rashpal singh dhaliwal
Rashpal singh dhaliwal
Rashpal singh dhaliwal
Thu, June 7, 2018 5:00 am
lifetime
After reading your article I was amazed. I know that you explain it very well. And I hope that other readers will also experience how I feel after reading your article. Black Seed
Thu, June 7, 2018 4:55 am
lifetime
All the contents you mentioned in post is too good and can be very useful. I will keep it in mind, thanks for sharing the information keep updating, looking forward for more posts.Thanks Yogurt
Thu, June 7, 2018 4:49 am
lifetime
Truly, this article is really one of the very best in the history of articles. I am a antique ’Article’ collector and I sometimes read some new articles if I find them interesting. And I found this one pretty fascinating and it should go into my collection. Very good work! Potassium
Thu, June 7, 2018 4:43 am
lifetime
I want to say thanks to you. I have bookmark your site for future updates. Apples
Thu, June 7, 2018 4:37 am
lifetime
Nice blog and absolutely outstanding. You can do something much better but i still say this perfect.Keep trying for the best. Honey
Thu, June 7, 2018 4:32 am
lifetime
Really nice and interesting post. I was looking for this kind of information and enjoyed reading this one. Onions
co workers
Thu, June 7, 201812:14 am
co workers
Welcome to the party of my life here you will learn everything about me. Pomegranate
Priyanka Kapoor
Thu, May 24, 2018 6:55 am
Priyanka Kapoor
Our academic pursuits, along with a range of extracurricular activities, help in honing a child's skills and ensuring that he/she grows to be a mature and responsible citizen.
best cbse school in greater noida
secure school in greater noida
bhushanverma
Mon, May 21, 2018 6:05 am
bhushanverma
Apple products are revered for its quality, precision and great design. SRSG started its operations as Apple technology partners in the year 1997.
Apple product dealers in delhi
Apple authorized service center in Kolkata
System Integration service providers
FM Channel License
Apple Product Dealers in Ahmedabad
ipad dealers in Mumbai
bhushanverma
Thu, May 17, 2018 5:22 am
bhushanverma
Engineering as a subject combines mathematics, logic and science to find solutions to our daily life problems. Over the last few decades, engineering as a profession has seen vast expansion.
Top Engineering College
Cgc Admission
Best Agriculture College in Punjab
Fashion designing college in mohali
Private Management college in Punjab